Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 2...SORE

Today I went to Keisel park to do the 2 1/4 mile trail. I didnt think it would be that bad since I did 3 ish miles with Courtney yesterday, but I guess since I was doing it alone, it felt like it took longer.
I was really sore this morning when I woke up, which I half expected, but I didnt expect to be sore in all the places that I was, like my back and core. But I got up and went to run because I knew if I didnt go, Id never finish this.
I got to the trail and couldnt figure out where to go at first, but I saw some runner types coming out from this area to the right, so I went that way.
The trail was more beautiful than I expected. There were tons of trees and little bird houses along the way, and little markers to tell how much of the trail you'd done. Along the trail I saw 3 cardinals and a blue jay. Its the little things, I tell you, that make the morning runs enjoyable. Whether its doing it with a friend, or accompanied by great tunes (today it was my favorite, Sister Hazel), Im finding that if I can find something fun to do while running (or really walking in my case...haha), it makes the time that much more enjoyable.
Lindsay and I decided today that we are going to do this half-marathon relay in Disney in October. Its a night run, so that should be much better for me, since I hate the heat, and the at the end you are rewarded with a night of wine and dining...basically, you run and are rewarded with a big party! We are working on getting another team to go along with us, so if you want to go, let me know!
Today I did 2 1/4 miles in 40 minutes. It almost feels like a step back from yesterday, but I guess I didnt run as much.
Im trying to come up with a reward for myself if I stick to my plan and dont break it. At this point, Im thinking its going to be new running shoes, as mine are old and not holding up very well at the moment!
Wish me luck as I take on this endeavor...Im going to need it!

2 comments: