Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Blogs, Bruises, and other things

Well, I suppose I am now jumping on the blogging bandwagon. I resisted for a while, but I have been sucked in just like everyone else. It seems like a fun way to process my thoughts (and of course keep my mom and her friends up-to-date on my life).

So I've decided to use this blog in a few different ways: 1- 365 pictures; 2- a sort-of journal; 3- things I am learning; 4- quotes or verses I enjoy; and 5- lists- I love lists! You may not understand all of this now, but keep reading and I suppose you will.

I guess I will start with 365, or my life in pictures. I was intruiged by this challenge to take a picture a day for a year, so I guess here it goes with Day 1.

Day 1: The Bruise

This past Friday night, Elyse, Macey, and I played crud at the University Village club house with our new friends Will, Jonathan, Matthew, Drew, Caleb, Peyton, and Lori. If you dont know, crud is a game (common to military folk apparently) played on a pool table that involves two balls, lots of running, and intense physical blocking of the other team. Somehow, we managed to find the tallest boys in Auburn (no, seriously-they are all super tall!) to play against, so trying to block them was a challenge. To make a long story short, I got kneed in the leg as Jonathan made an illegal leap onto the pool table. This bruise is a result of my new game-cheating friend. Gross, right? Thanks alot Jono!

I am also, as my theatre teacher Dan Larocque says, "giving you a BOnus" picture. This is me and Elyse with our AWESOME new Auburn friends.

From left to right: Will Brannon, Elyse Darnell, Matthew Turberville, me, and Jonathan Adams. (See, I wasnt kidding-these boys are tall!). These people have already blessed my life in so many ways, and I am looking forward to many more fun (but hopefully not abusive) nights to come.



1 comment: