Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 2, plus my advice to Auburn's incoming freshies

Day 2: Views from a Desk














These are pictures taken from my desks in my French and Ethics classes. (Yes, mom, I was paying attention I promise!) Both of my teachers are sarciastic, which I love! * Mom, note the stars in the corner of my desk in the picture on the right. My Ethics teacher gives out these stars for class participation. You need 10 to get an A for the participation grade. I have 16*

For today's blog, I started to make a list of why I hate Auburn summers. I began to explain why for each reason, and I realized I could make individual sublists for each reason. So here's what I decided to do: I will give you the list in its entirety now, with reasons to follow in multiple installments.

The Top Six Reasons Why I Hate Auburn Summers

1. Camp War Eagle
2. Cheer Camps
3. TV
4. No Football
5. Heat
6. Class
Reason 1: Camp War Eagle

Dear Freshmen,
Here is a list for you!

Five Surefire Ways to Make Upperclassmen Hate You

1. Dress up for class everyday.
Sure, a cute outfit every once in a while is appreciated. But no one wants to see you with pounds of makeup on your face, your hair curled, and perfectly coordinated outfits topped off with four inch heels everyday. Don't be surprised if you ever hear the following question: "Are you a model? Then why are you dressed up for class?" So go stock up on soffee or nike shorts and tee-shirts now-you're going to need them.

2. Never move out of the way when someone is moving in your direction.
If you continue to stand there like a deer in headlights, you WILL be run over. I know this not only because I was run over a few times as a freshman, but also because I have knocked a few out of my way on the way to class. Auburn is kind of like New York in that way-you just learn to move out of the way or you WILL get hit. So the moral of this story is: MOVE. Not only will you keep yourself and belongings intact, but you will also learn your way around campus faster.

3. Talk loudly on your cell-phone loudly on the 4th floor of the library.
Did you not learn how to read in high school? There are signs all over the 4th floor that say "Quiet Study." This in no way translates to "Loud, raucous, screaming at your boyfriend on your phone study." It means what it says. So shut up!

4.Talk loudly with your friends about how fat you are while nibbling on your salad or working out.
Yes, we all know you are thin. We also know we are not. But no worries. We will be the first to make fun of you when you blow up like a blimp by sophomore year.

5. Go to skybar underage and be the super annoying drunk girls who fall over on EVERYONE because you are too drunk to stand up in your four inch heels.
I PROMISE you do not look cool. So either dont drink underage (that would be my pick) or learn how to handle your liquor. Because no one WANTS to beat up the drunk chick who tries to fight YOU after SHE stepped on YOUR feet with her stupid super skinny heels, but somehow, it always happens.

So Freshmen, take this advice and you will be well on your way to being the most annoying freshman in Auburn!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, this is hilarious...and TRUE. Glad to see you out here on the blogosphere! Have fun! K

    ReplyDelete